Friday, July 31, 2009

what makes a cat person a cat person? What about a dog person?

Are cat people typically quiet %26 shy. Quite the opposite for dog people? I love all animals, but I've always been drawn to cats.
Answers:
I'm neither quite or shy and I am a 'cat person'. I love cats, they just seem to me to be better pets. I've never had a problem with a cat not being loving and caring. I have 2 cats now and 2 dogs. And I love the cats far more. They sleep with my husband and I, curled up in my arms. They set on my lap when I am watching tv or reading. They follow me around and lay on the floor in the kitchen when I cook. They beg for food and love to play. The dogs however, don't like to do these things. They would rather lay on the floor and sleep and be content with doing their own thing. But everyone has their own preference and whatever works for them

To clear things up, I love to be outdoors and be around people. I hate to be alone and bored. and I do love dogs as well, just my cats are my babies.
people like cats and them people do not like dogs and dog people are people that do not like cats
Cat people tend to more reserved. They tend to like learning and are more of homebodies.
Dog people are often high energy, outgoing, and prefer people. Often they like fashion, and are very emotional and open.

This isn't a firm guideline but of all the cat/dog people I know these are summaries. I'm a cat person!

It's actually kind of like introvert/extrovert.
Cat person, whiskers
dog person, wags tail
I don't Know w. you just have to love either one of them.
i dunno cos i love ALL animals lol although i do prefer cats cos i had one recently.
cats are independent and basically do what they want. thats why i luv'em
dogs would do anything to get a treat or some love..cant stand that
Actally I became a dog person first, didn't know much about cats. We had a Cocker Spaniel from the pound. And then My Son rescued a beagle, from a puppy mill, He could fit in the palm of Your hand, so could the Cocker when We first got Her.

I became a cat person by chance. I was at My Mom's house visiting and someone had put out, or thrown a cat out where She lives in the country. There were many cats living around there, that they helped to feed once a day, but they were feral cats. This cat came walking up meowing and crying, His face was all scraped up, and of course He was hungry. We fed Him some of our tuna sandwiches, He was very proper not intruding too much. My Mom even liked Him, and She wasn't crazy about cats, but treats Her dog like a princess. I didn't know what to do, so that night as I said My prayers I asked God to please tell Me what I should do, and to please give Me a sign. The cat had come up to the house, it was cold that night, and they had a brand new water hose still rolled up sitting on the porch swing, so He had nestled in it to keep warm. When I pulled the blinds back that morning to see if He was still around, honestly He raised His paw and moved it as if to wave, and there was My sign. I drove Him home, a four hour trip, and He meowed the entire time. I had Him in a cat carrier, actually a dog carrier. But when We got home, and I let Him out of the carrier onto the ground outside, He rolled over on His back, and rubbed all over the ground as if to say I don't know where I am, but thank You God. We named Him Whiskers, He lived 12 plus years, We lost Him two months ago. He was truly amazing, and He taught Me what it meant to have a Cat. Now We have three. And by the way, I can be shy and quiet if I do not know Someone well, but I can also hold My own when I need to. Maybe that is the personaltity of a cat and dog owner. We lost the Cocker, We had Her 15 years, 5 months, and 4 days. We lost Her in May of this Year. We still Have the Beagle, who was Her best bud, well actually they all three were. All of our animals are rescued animals. There are so many, I pray Everyone would give an animal in need a chance, Your life will be better for it.

Both dogs and cats can give lots of love, they just show it differently. Litter boxes aren't fun, but they beat getting up during the night many times, anyday.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment