Thursday, July 30, 2009

What kind of caterpillar did I see?

I was walking down the path here at my university and I almost step on this bright crayola apple green colored caterpillar. It was soo pretty. I look at it very closely. It was smooth no other lines or spots or bumps or dots or anything. The only other thing was that it had a blue pointer on the back with a white tip. I didn't want to touch it of fear that it was poisonous. it was a sky blue to be exact and more like half blue half white. It was almost impossible to tell it's divisions if it wasn't moving and it was, like I said completly smooth which was odd. I did find a leaf and allow it to crawl onto the leaf and I put it into the grass (it was "walking" across the path leading from the library).

well I hope someone can tell me. thanks
Answers:
As youu can see, there are several caterpillars that may be what you described> http://images.google.com/images?hl=en%26amp;rl.
u should of just stepped on it
Sounds like to me it wasn't a caterpillar,it was a photographer worm.That's what we used to call them and I think they still call them that.Might want to look it up and see if I'm right,I might get ten points if I am.

I've might have been wrong.It looks like an Hyles lineata.Some type of moth,check out this web site look under Spynks moth.They are 3 different catagories to choose from on the right top side of the page.

www.whatsthiscaterpillar.co.uk
having taken a picture of it would have been helpful

No comments:

Post a Comment