Thursday, July 30, 2009

What kind of name would you give a ferret?

I want to get a ferret but cant really think of a name. Have any suggestions?
Answers:
The only advice I can give you on naming your new pet is to go looking through a baby name book or web site, writing down the names that stick to you. Then after you have your pet in hand go through your list and find the one(s) that suit him/her the best. [and please make sure that it is a male or a female, I just 'inherited' a ferret named Pixie, 3 years old, and they thought he was a she. It's sad really.]
GARRETT THE FERRET!
Frankie the ferret
Fredrica.
Play with your ferret for a week, and a name will just come to you. My ferret's name is Goober. After playing with him for a week, Goober was the only thing that would fit. I tried normal names, but my ferret was such a goober, that it only seemed suiting that that should be it's name.
mischief
Marc
I have two ferrets, one is beauty and the other one is beast. They really dont know their names i think because they dont respond real well unless i raise my voice to them. Good luck.
I like Pauline
Try this site dear.They have a long alphabetical list of ferret names..I like Sir Wally D Weasel (Wally)


there are a bunch of websites with ferret names. Just go on google.com and type in "ferret names"
cat
Ferry/Fairy
Jarrett
Steve, it's a pretty name!
mine is called raven. you could also use pepper, cocoa, midnight, or koda.
bandito
I kinda like the name George. I don't know why, but I like it.
theif
bandit
fooo
pheonix (more of a bird's name though)
Draco
Magnum
I know what kind of names *I* would give a ferret:

Aries (Bubba)
Susie
Roxy
Angelina Butterfly
Blue

Because those have been the names of my ferrets. heh heh.

I agree that sometimes it just takes time for the right name to hit, but usually when it does, it just feels right.
it depends on how it acts, looks, and whether its a girl or a boy
I have 3 Ferrets. They are very lovable, funny little guys. Just make sure you you give them a bath at lest once a month cause even decent ed ferrets start to smell after awhile. When we bought our first two ferrets, we bought the cage at the same time. Anyways after we put them in there cage the for the first time they started playing and going up the ramps. Then they fell down from the top ramp so we decided to name them JACK and JILL. (Jack and Jill went up the hill and came tumbling down.) it worked well because one was a boy and one was a girl. about a month latter we got out third ferret and my oldest son decided to name him TRACTOR, I have no idea why but it was his ferret so the name stayed.
If I were you I would just watch the ferret for a while and a cute name will just come to mind.
By the way ferrets do need A LOT of attention, and do get lonely, so ether be expecting to be play with them a lot or get him or her a friend.
stinky
fleabag.
my two are zeus and asia my hubby came up with zeus a few days after we got him and when i got asia that is the first thing i thought i tried other names but asia fit too well. go get a ferret and spend some time with it the name will come to you.
I have one ferret which I got from a rescue shelter and he was already named Freddie when we got him but if I got another I would call it Ralf or Buddy for a boy and Hetty or Mabel for a girl..awwwww xx

No comments:

Post a Comment