Friday, July 31, 2009

What makes a better pet?

A rat, mouse, hamster?
Answers:
none of the above
well kitty im a cat person so no matter wat i say im always gunna say cats at least they cuddle up with you at nite and will always b there wen u want them..
Rats make great pets. Contrary to common belief, they are very clean and quite affectionate too. Also extremely intelligent.
Rats are definitely better pets, as long as you get them from a reputable pet shop that handles them ALOT starting from when thay are babies. Rats are very intelligent and can show favoritism and affection like the other two cannot.
Not that hamsters and mice don't show any kind of affection, it's just not as noticeable.
hampster
if i only had to choose between those I'd say hamster

but personally I'm a cat person..so I'd prefer one of those.
I likr hampsters the best.
I really like little mice, but it's an animals temperment you want to look at, any of them could be sweet or be bitey!
A rat if you want more interaction between you and your pet. I have had all three, and my rats are the smartest. You can walk a rat on a ferret harness, they let you handle them way more then the other two. Good luck picking out your pet.
A rat
I am not a big fan of any of them, but I would say the rat is the most intelegent and likeable. They are also less likely to be so skiddish and apt to bite out of fear.

It also depends on the amount of time you will spend with them, all need to have attention if you don't want them to develope bad behaviors. The more attention you give them the more loveable they become. And all need habitats large enough to get lots of exercise. So the larger the animal the larger the habitat, something to think about if you don't have a lot of room.
All of them bite hard I would get a gerbil if i were you, but you can make that choice
Hamsters. most defiantly. Low cost, easy to care for, respond to voice, cuddly, and cute!! Oh, and hamsters can show favoritism too. They can love almost anyone. (almost meaning everyone so from. that they know) Also some people think that hamsters just sit there and do nothing, but it really depends on the hamster.

The hamster that I take care of is so smart, he can find his back into his cage even if it's closed, and he knows how to climb!, and jump on comand!!
(F.Y.I - hamsters are nocturnal)
I have mice and a hamster right now, and my sister used to have a rat! They loved him, and I love my little critters. True, they want to play and not cuddle, but they are fun little guys.

Whatever you decide on, make sure and get one of those little booklets you can get at the pet store with tips for the type you choose. I have had more than 30 mice, and if you properly acclimate them to you, you will have very little problem with them biting. Usually they do that when they are startled. It's a defense reaction.

Have fun! Make sure you have all the fun little things they will need to make them happy, healthy little critters!
a rat.
rats are smart.mice just run away..hamsters just sit there and do nothing.
besides with rats you can train them to do tricks and come to you and do mazes and stuff like that
mouse
A rat because they're loving not a hamster because they bit and mice are cute but since they're so small if they get lose all I got to say is gooding luck finding them

No comments:

Post a Comment