Thursday, July 30, 2009

What kind of boy rat should I get?

I have a black and white girl rat and I want another color rat and not any colors of black or white.
Answers:
would two girls not get on? I just know that boy rats/mice smell baaad :S
Uhhhhh, do you want baby rats? I suggest a rex, they sell them at Pet's Mart. They are curly haired rats! I had one named Sweet Pea. She was kinda grey with different colors. Although it isn't always good to get these different breeds of rat. They don't live very long. My rats right now are mutts. Just brown mutts. They live for a while. Might I suggest getting them as babies, and as they grow feed them some vitamin C (some grapefruit juice in their water, carrots, and tomatoes to eat). Girl rats develop these tumors under their pitts, which aren't good. My dumbo fancy rat (she had big ears) died of a tumor the size of a golf ball. I'm not saying fancy rats and other unique breeds are bad, I'd just want a rat that will live longer than a year. Good luck! >0.0%26lt;
I would get another girl unless you want to have babies. I have had three litters and stopped beacse i had seven cages in my room. No one wants rats beacse of thier bad rap. There are so many pretty colors out there. You should just go to some petstores and see what you like. Make sure they dont have an upper respitory infection. Good Luck.
There are more than enough homeless rats in rescues and shelters for more to be bred carelessly. Get another female, and there are many varieties and colors to choose from. In fact, check your local shelter.
Get another female, if you got a male and the female became pregnant, that wouldn't be responsible of you at all. Unless one of them or both were spayed/neutered but you'd have to have it done right away and keep them seperated until after the operation is done, it can take just one mounting to get a female rat pregnant.
So I highly suggest that you do just go with a female rat.
Just find a coat color you like, there are tons out there so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find something else you like.
Just to add to the answer above mine. If you neuter a boy it takes at least four weeks before they can be with girls. It takes that long for the sperm to die. A neutered girl can go in with boys as soon as she has healed and the intros have been done. It is a lot riskier operation for a girl though.

Getting another girl or two would be best and as for colours, why dont you just go to a breeder/rescue centre or pet shop and see what you fall in love with?

No comments:

Post a Comment