Thursday, July 30, 2009

what kind of horses is the best to get?


Answers:
Look it up
In my opinion, Morgans. They are beautiful, and apparently the smartest (according to my old horse trainer)
Depends on what you are planning to do with it. Then it depends on budget. Then it goes to costs (feed, farrier, vet, board, tack, etc.). Then it gets down to preference.
We have Quarter Horses %26 Paints (Quarter Horses w/color). They are used for ranch work, team roping %26 just riding.

P.S. I guess I should also mention skill level. Never buy a horse trained for more than you are capable of handling.
It depends on the planned useage. Retired thourobreds make good jumpers, quarter horses make good cutters and barrell racers. Visit some stables and ask a lot of questions. Good luck.
Depends on what you want your horse for. Best bet is to talk to breeders in your area to find the right horse for your needs. Personally I love the Belgians or Shore shires, but I love to ride the bigger horses and have people staring at the gracefulness of the bigger animal and how could someone my size control it. You really need to research the breeds for what you intend on using the horse for. It's not like it's a small investment.
try this place to search for a horse right for you.
www.petfinder.com
What ever fits you!
quarter horses or appolsas.
I agree with the Morgan person! I had a Morgan and he was the greatest horse ever.

Not to say that other breeds aren't, but IN MY OPINION, Morgans are the most versatile out there. They can go hunt seat, saddleseat, do dressage, go Western, do roping, reining, and they are most willing to do just about anything you want them to do .

Not to mention that they usually have a very good attitude and are very much people horses.

I have been around horses ALL my life and I honestly can say that I have never met a Morgan that I didn't like.

Oh, did I forget to mention that they are also VERY beautiful and have great personalities!

Check out this site!

http://www.morganhorse.com/
Paint horses of course
(because I raise them)
www.cbarlpainthorses.com

For what tack,feed,vet supplies, and everything else cost, the horse should be free.
i agree with all of the other people who said whatever fits u just because its a quarter horse doesnt mean its going to be a good barrel horse or just because its a throughbred doesnt meen they can jump do what fits u i thought that getting a wild mustang was stupid (allot of people dont like mustangs) but i worked at it and now i do barrel racing with mine and he the fastest at my stables so go with what fits you k good luck!
ones that are sound mentaly and physicaly
You really need to first figure out what you REALLY want to do. Then research that area and find out what requirements are needed (different shows can require different things.no shows doesn't matter :) )

I agree - Morgans are great all around horses, but vew would make it in the hunter/jumper ring (cuz they want TB's or Warmbloods) or western rodeo (where everyone has quarter horses or paints)

Talk to your trainer - if you dont have one, get one. Take a few lessons even if YOU dont think you need them (remember, even the best riders still have trainers..and most trainers have trainers).

The rest is just personal prefference in personality - go look and ride a bunch of horses for sale and see what you like.
Depends on what your looking for in a horse, in my opinion, the best all around horse is the Andalucian, - they have a lot of cow sense in them (bullfighting on horseback), they make fantastic jumpers, they have very animated action (great for dressage - Lipizzaner horse is a desendent of this breed), fantastic disposition (very gentle), they are middle size 15 to 16.2 hand high, come in a variety of colors, have the most brilliant %26 thick mane and tail, and are one of the oldest breeds in the world.
Of course, my opion, I think they can be the best all around horse.
It depends on what you want to do with it
depends on what your planning on doing with it
appoloosa,breton or quater horse
It would depend on what you want to do and your experience.
That is a pretty open ended Question.Depends on a lot of things I guess for an overall good first horse middle age Q/horse would work.. depends what you are looking to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment