Thursday, July 30, 2009

What kind of meat should I try next?

So far I have had horse, goat, dog, pheasant, snail, lamb, and then the regular grocery store meats.
Answers:
How about wild game like moose, mountain goat, deer, elk, seal, caribou (one of my favorites),and bear meat. I've also had cougar which is really good also. Grew up in Alaska and hunted everything so had a chance to eat all the wild game mentioned except for the cougar which I had in Washington state.
why is this under "pets"?

eat deer I guess.
i agree with the first person. if this is under "pets" and you've eaten those kinds of meat, you shouldn't be allowed to have pets!
In Norway, the traditional New Year's meal is lambs head, complete with brain, eyes, teeth (not an edible part).

I'm sure you can special order it if you don't find it in your local grocery store.
Blood sausage is real good
I guess there's always venison but I really can't imagine eating any meat but lamb, beef or pork pork
ever ate a bug??
All you can eat tube steak.. but you would have to work for the gravy..lol
Buffalo 鈥?It tastes like beef, but is slightly sweet. It also has very little fat. The ground buffalo I buy has less fat than skinless chicken. I am far more likely to use ground buffalo then ground beef these days.
Venison 鈥?a unique taste. Most people either like it or hate it. If you like pheasant and beef you will probable like venison.
Ostrich 鈥?The flavor is hard to describe. I have only had it a few times, but it was ok.
Razorback 鈥?This is very hard to find. I have only found one restaurant that had it on the menu.
Octopus 鈥?It鈥檚 like easting very chewy shrimp.
Shark 鈥?The few times I have eaten shark it was oily but good.
Elk and moose would also be good choices but I have not tried them yet.

Below are some sites with recipes.
Try eating your fingers, your own liver, or some fresh eyeballs off your face. Try your nose or your toes, or roast your left breast. Human flesh I've heard is delicious to cannibals. Tell your mother not to let you have any more pets, ok?
Try squirrel or rabbit. They are quite tasty. No joke.
I think you should try human meat. Heh.
Haggis lassie, haggis.

No comments:

Post a Comment