Friday, July 31, 2009

What kind of pet should I get?

I'm interested in mammals that's for sure. And I would prefer something that is slow moving and not very jumpy. I can't have a dog or another cat.. so I was thinking in the rodent family.. possibly a hedgehog? Has anyone ever had one? If so, do those spines on it hurt?
Answers:
A guinea pig.hedgehogs are actually endangered and illegal in some states. Hamsters are jumpy, guneas are sweet and easy to take take of and actually cleaner than rabbits.
Oh my, ferrets are incredibly jumpy and curious..meaning anything in their site is either a toy or food.or both. Love them, have had one.does not seem to fit your criteria.
how about a hamster
i would get a hamster.
hamster are very good but if u want a fun pet easy to care for and not jumpy/crazy but will still crawl on you and play get hermit crabs

they tickle when they crawl on you and if u have a few you can make mazes or races
one that is tasty in case you run out of food
Maybe you would enjoy a Jackalope, click below to learn more.

http://www.travelblog.org/photos/66564.h.
Get a Ferrett. They sleep most of the day.
No the spines don't hurt and they are sweet little pets.
cats i love cats! happy to answer!
Hi Sam, If you want slow and not jumpy you don't want to pick from the rodent family. Why not get a little slow and cute little turtle. That would be a nice little pet and not much trouble.

Clowmy
what about a chinchilla?..they are very cute and really have beatiful fur and eyes..they are as difficult as a guineau pig to care for and feed..a ferret is also good. chinchillas are not very cheap to buy but neither are ferrets.
A live one.
I don't think the spines on the hedgehog hurt him. He would have feathers otherwise!
Get a pet rat,white ones I heard were smarter.
Here are a few options. I would go with either a rat, a chinchilla, or maybe a rabbit. If you go with rat, you will probably be better off getting 2, as they are social creatures. I have 4 and I must say they make great pets. They are very smart and can even be trained a little. They are easy to care for too. One bag of food will last you a month or longer. Chinchillas are also very nice. I don't know if it's true but I heard they have the softest fur of any other animal. They are very friendly and also not very hard to care for. Of course those will cost a bit more than rats. And rabbits are also fun, and friendly. And No, the spines on a hedgehog don't hurt. My friend had one and it was the sweetest little thing. If you don't want a high matinence animal I would probably stay away from getting a ferret, as they require ALOT of attention. I have one and I love him to death but it is alot of work keeping him happy. I had to pretty much "ferret proof" my room with boards and pillows to keep him from getting behind my dresser and into my drawrs, amongst other things. A hamster or guiny pig woulds also be a good choice, but personally: I think rats make better pets. Well there's my oppinion GOOD LUCK.
yes i have and you NEVER touch them without gloves unless its ALWAYS i repeat ALWAYS calm then they don't hurt if you follow the quills!
a hamster is very fun to have so u should get a hamster
a hamster, they are so fun to watch and play with

No comments:

Post a Comment