Friday, July 31, 2009

What kind of spidres are these that I found in my vent?

I have just moved into a trailer, and I was cleaning out the vents. Well in one of the vents, I found a hard clod of dirt. At first it looked like a rock, so I picked it up with a plastic bag. I noticed that on the bottom of it it had several holes in it. I took it outside and cracked it open. When I did, it was full of baby spiders and they all fell out. They were a little bit smaller than my fingernail and looked brown in color, although I am not sure exactly what color they are they looked brown. I need to know what kind of spiders these are and if they are poison. I have a 2 month old .
Answers:
The mud dauber wasp, packs her next with spiders to feed her young as they hatch..They paralyze small spiders, and pack them in, and as the spiders awaken, the dauber larva eat what they need.

http://www.greenvalleypc.com/html/wasp/m.
this one shows the mud nest> http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/20.
Its near impossible to answer without a pic of it.
Do a yahoo, or google search on spider species. Try finding out what spiders are in your area and see if you find any that match what you saw.
capture one and take it by your county agent, hell be able to tell ya
Your best bet would be to either try to catch one and take it to your local DNR station.or do an internet search for spiders that are native to your area.Chances are that they are probably just little house or garden spiders, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Can u give more detail please like the place your in ie UK or USA anyway this site might be able to help you out with any problems (the forum)

No comments:

Post a Comment