Friday, July 31, 2009

what kind of saddle would be best for pole-bending?


Answers:
i use a barrel racing saddle for just about every thing.i have trained many horses mainly barrel and roping horse that went on to be use in most play day events. barrel saddles are deep and rough seated.i even break my colts in one.
LOL!!
I like to be sure to have one that has a good fit to myself and my horse I don't like to tall of a horn wear chaps and be sure to move your legs properly the smaller the saddle the better not to much fancy stuff if you know what I mean
Definitely a western or all purpose saddle that fits both you and your horse well!
I use a barrel saddle. You can by them for pretty chep but they can get spendy. I have a purple barrel saddle for sale the seat is purple and the two back corners. I comes with a breast collar and headstall. Also reins but the reins are not for pole bending. If purple is not you color than I suggest country supply, dover saddlery, our state line tack. If you a lot of money to spend there is a place in texas but I am not sure of the name. Just email me and I will give you more info. Just post a question asking for me and I will give you my e-mail. Hope this helps.
look for a smaller, lighter western saddle with a small horn tht is tilted more forward. There is a type of saddle called a barrel racing saddle, or a barrel saddle , that is used for those who compete in contesting classes a lot.
I prefer english for everything but it seems like most use western
One of the big points of a "barrel" saddle is the skirt cut. It is short and rounded so that it won't interfere with the motion of the hind legs on tight turns and high speeds. They also tend to be lighter with deep comfortable seats like mentioned. They are good for small or young horses since they have shorter backs. I use mine for all speed events and trail riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment