Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What kind of animal is this.?

I just moved to an acreage and my dog has been going nuts for an hour. This thing looks like a baby beaver without the tail. Its tail is only about 3 inches long, kinda flat but is hairy. It is very feisty and won't back down. It moves very quick. Moves like a wolverine, looks like a beaver and is not a muskrat. May even have white on its belly. This is the second one I have seen. I am from alberta so take that into consideration and no it is not a rat.
Answers:
Possibly a badger.
Could be a mink or weasel.
Is it a Liger? Seriously it sounds like some kind of demented chipmunk.
Could possibly be a woochuck/groundhog? They look a lot like beavers without the tail.
Could be a ground hog, but it sounds like a wolverine. I've heard they have a hot temper.
i agree with kristendw78's answer, they do look alot like beavers, do a wikipedia search or a google image search, it might be what youre looking for
I serious think that the animal in question is a weasle. A weasle is a very fast critter and very destructive, killing chickens and other small barn yard birds.
oppossum?
are you living next to any toxic waste dumps? sounds like a creepy deformed animal from hell
I'm guessing its a very pi55ed off marmot.
could be a fisher.member of the weasel family but bigger.vicious little buggers too
prolly a groundhog.. lots of em here.. but they're slow..?kinda uuh nvm lol idk
is there a hole it goes in all da time?
Im guessing a badger..
Sounds like a prairie dog to me.
If its a groundhog.aka whistle pig, it should stand up when you whistle (it is a trick farmers use to shoot them) they walk the field and whistle when it pops its head up they blow it off.horrible I know but when the dog isn't there go out and whistle if it stops and looks for you its a ground hog.normally they stand on their hind legs and look up but it can take a few whistles to get its attention
if it looks like a beaver without thte tail, then it is probably a groundhog, and they will bite, and it hurts as they have very sharp teeth. I got bit by one, and it tore my hand to shreds, I would keep your dog away from it, to keep from having it ripped apart. Good Luck to you here are some pics of a groundhog
Well duckbilled platapus is ruled out cause it aint got a beaver tail sounds like a possum they are agressive sometimes the first time I saw one I said "d@mn thats the ugliest cat I ever saw in my life!" Course it could be a tailess rat or a groundhog although groundhogs aren't usually agressive. it could be rabid espeacially if it is a possum so be careful with the dog till you find out.
sounds like a white bellied, low crawling, snake and dog eater, usually seen in the n/w wetlands of tennessee. very harmless, they lick their prey to death.
sounds like a ground hog or a prairie dog?
maybe a mole or gopher ,gophers kinda look like beavers and they get real fiesty if they can't get to their hole
A nutria closely related to beavers but with characteristics you described
It is a woodchuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment