Saturday, May 22, 2010

What should I name my new ferret?

He is white with a black stripe down his back to the end of his tail. Very cute, and sweet. I can't think of anything other than Pepe. but that's boring. The one I pick will get 10 points, thanks for the help!
Answers:
Cheeky.cuz they're so cheeky and sassy.Congratulations! He sounds beautiful !
rikki tikki tavi
George
Steve Guttenberg
Ferret Faucett!
Ginger or Skipper. haha, from Gilligan's Island, didn't plan that.
Flower.the male skunk from Bambi.
Arthur.
Fur Face. I just like the name.
Ferret FIZZ!!
Zen
Good luck! I took forever to name my ferrets (and I have 5!). I'm sure the perfect name will come to you in time. Especially once you find out about his personality and quirks. Plus, who knows what you like for names! Some people like very strange uncommon names (like me! I have Kiante, Saphira, Haku, Matthias, and Hooah). You might pick a name from a book (2 of mine are) or a movie (one of mine). Have fun!
Oh, and why not join EverythingFerret forums while you're thinking and share some pics of the new fuzzbutt! He sounds cute. It's a wonderful community of ferret lovers, you should join! http://www.everythingfert.proboards36.co. . If you do join, my username is "emea" there ;)
Manic- because they are
Ha. Rikki Tikki Tavi was a mongoose from a story. Well, I suggest skizzers because it's a bit like scissors and a bit like scitzo and a bit like skizzing (which is my word for zooming around).. Heh. I dont know.

Skizzers.

Haha. Skiz for short.
I also agree that his name will come to you.My guys names are Clyde, Arthur, Jack, BJ, Snaggle, Cookie, Daphne, %26 Jessica (nicknamed Sniper though). If he is a little bratty (more than a normal ferret) you could always call him Spike.Gremlins. If I may make a recommendation, buy the book FERRETS FOR DUMMIES. This book is by far the best ferret book on the market. You will find the book priceless. I have 8, and have owned ferrets for a really long time, and even I still refer to it. Good luck with your new little fuzzbutt
I named my fur baby Gypsy due to the fact that she steals anything she can get her paws on!
Swiper (Like the one from Dora the Explorer)
Because he will swipe things.

Or, maybe Sweet Pea (Like the baby in Popeye)
Because you said he's cute and sweet.
well you should name it Oreo or Hammy
All of the names that I have picked for my ferrets were due to their Personalities. Luke (He is one with the force), Lily (because she is a little cute bad a** Girl), and Link (from Zelda). The name will come to you. and you don't have to pick a name right away..
There's also Striper (Stryper). I have four - Sonic, Wolf, Scruffy and Misty.
i named my ferrets after someone in the family, book/myth charater or some characterisc manner that they had displayed.

diana james -- dj aka diesel jockey(she rode with me when i drove a 18-wheel truck)
nibbles -- prenamed by a child
polar bear(albino) -- po'boy
pigsty -- prename by previous owner -- she like a messy cage
el diablo(albino)-- named from a book hero that was an albino
danae -- one of zeus's lover
demonica -- fought like a demon with diablo for head ferret position

i never heard of a fereet with the markings that you had described so here are a couple to consider:
stripe, stinky, or maybe even skunk. the last one could be a reminder that ferrets are related to skunks.

either way -- good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment