Saturday, May 22, 2010

What should I do with my pet frog?

My daughters friend caught a tree frog for her to keep as a pet this summer, so far I have been able to feed him crickets and flies that I have caught but now that it is getting cold they are not around anymore and I can't get to a pet store to buy crickets, I thought about letting him go but I am worried he will freeze outside after being in a warm house, what should I do, keep him and risk him starving or let him go and risk him freezing?
Answers:
Most places that sell bait, also sell mealy worms and crickets.
I don't know all that frogs eat
I'm sure a pet shop would have something you could give it, if not maybe they can tell you what it needs
well, sell it to the pet store! ..
or maybe make some frog porridge with it..:D
Frogs are amphibians and will hibernate, here is a good article to show your daughter so she won't think you are trying to kill it.
i believe it hibernates during winter
anyway here's a small list of delicacies for it that u might find around ur house : earwigs, heteropters, ants, cockchafers, dipteras, butterflies, snails, spiders, etc.
Call a pet store or ask one online how to provide ood for a frog in the winter. I do know that all reptiles and amphibians become less active in the cold weather and probably don't need as much food. So keeping him in a cooler place might be good for him. I think its nice that you care for it so much and are concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment