Saturday, May 22, 2010

what should i buy for a pet a suger glider or another dorf hampster?

pets
Answers:
bare in mind the two pets are going to be drastically different in the way they need to be cared for. Sugar Gliders need a TON of attention - I carry mine in a bonding pouch for hours upon hours during the day while they sleep and then have to take them out to play in the night time in a safe place (I use the inside of a tent in the house) for at least an hour a night. If they get sick, you have to find a specialty vet that has some knowledge of them, which can be difficult to come by. They need a cage that is at LEAST 3 feet tall minimum, and lots of toys. I buy toys meant for infants, they love those. Also, their diet is very different - they need a very strict blend of certain fruits, veggies and vitamin suppliments. I have to blend egg, baby food, honey, 2 types of vitamins and a few other ingredients and freeze it.

Also, the initial cost of the pet is an extreme difference - Hampsters are what, $15 or less? Sugar gliders are usually $100+ just for one, and it is almost necessary to get two so they dont get depressed.

Okay, with all that said they are fantastic pets once they are bonded, but can be alot of work. I recommend going to www.sugarglider.net, thats where I've done most of my research and it is a very helpful forum.

I hope this helped, good luck!
What's a suger glider? I assume you mean sugar glider, but I've never heard of that. I have a few dwarf hamsters and other little critters. They're fun to watch. go out and get a few more just to entertain you.
i don't know what sugar glider is, i have dwarf hamstres too, be sure they have some shelter inside cage - i have a little hous and a few rolls from toilet paper - they like to sit their together. also be sure they have running wheel. give them fruits and vegetables. they re so fun to watch. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment