Saturday, May 22, 2010

what should i do for a newborn mouse without a mother?


Answers:
depends on how old it is. is its eyes open besides eating it has to be kept warm. use the link below. it has lots of info to help u.
hm got rats hey easy feed it deconn that was easy now!!
You can try to feed it formula or milk with an eyedropper.
FLUSH
I would suggest taking it to petco or petsmart, but it would probably end up as snake food. if you have one in town, call either one of those, or an exotic pet store, and they should be able to help. It's very unlikely though that the poor little thing will live, sorry
feed it to a cat
these people are so ignorant. just call a vet or look it up online. i don't know what to tell you, but at least i'm not giving you some bull crap answer!
Flush it! Flush it! Flush it! I dare you. No, I double dare you! Flush it!! Flushi it! Just flush it, you little biatch!
I have gone through this and it is a lot of work.
You have to rig up some kind of feeding device to fit into the newborns mouth. I used a small eye dropper and to the tip of it I added the small tip that they use for applying artificial nails. The tip just fit into the opening of the baby's mouth. Feeding can be very tricky, just a drop or two every hour or two and then you will have to rub the baby's belly and privates very gently to make him pee or poo. I used a
cue tip for this dipped in warm water and be very gentle. I raised 6 newborn (pinkies) mice and I wouldn't do it again. It was so much work, rewarding when it was all over, but a lot of work.
Good luck with your venture, I hope you are successful.
I'm sorry to say I don't think it will survive. The only thing you can try to do is keep it warm and try giving it some milk. Or find another mouse that just had babies and hope it will take it in as one of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment