Saturday, May 22, 2010

what should i do my cat ran away i need help please!!?

my cat was rescued from a pittbull a long time ago (8) years ago and we had been letting him out every night then every morning when i went outside in the morning she would come back inside, then one day she didnt come home i figured she was still out with somw of her friends but the next day she wasnt there either!! and it broke my heart!! we have put up signs, gone door to door, contacted the shelter and spca, everything!! but we have a corn felild behind our house where cyotes have been spotted i just want to know if i should keep looking or just get a new cat even though she was my baby who i talked to when i was upset, snuggled with when i was sick and played with when i was happy or exited ill never be able to replace her but should i get a new cat or keep looking for him
Answers:
Call around to local vets and also to the local county animal control along with any police departments that around. The vets often house strays that were picked put by the local police department and the animal control. You may also want to post flyers. I hope you find your cat and I am very sorry to hear that he ran off. The best of luck.
post flyers on local stores

put add in news papers
your poor cat might have been tortured by the cayotes and then eaten.. or a car might have. or hunger might have.. or thirst, or huntes. whatever you stop using the internet and start LOOKING!!
get over it the damn cat aint coming back so find another one
man that sucks i am sorry for you it will be ok..
just..look for it
Is he neutered? If not he could be out chasing women. If he's neutered he may show up in a few days. Give him a little time. He could have met a kid that decided to take him in the house or something. This does happen sometimes and they get treated well and sometimes stay for a few days. I had it happen years ago with my cat. He was gone for at least two wks. I would walk around looking. One day I saw food on a porch about 3 blocks away. HummmmmI knocked on the door and a little old lady answered and I looked in and there was my Buttons. I couldn't believe it. He had gotten caught in a trap and someone had taken him to the vet and let him go and he went to her because she fed him. I know this because he had a dirty bandage on his foot and I took him to the vet down the road and he told me he had put the bandage on and what had happened. so, good luck and try to think good thoughts. in a few weeks go get another baby and I wish you happiness.
you can make fliers ans put them up or wait for her to come home and she might be pregnant.
I'm so sorry you lost your baby. Eight years is a long time.

You've done plenty of looking so far and the cat has always seemed to find its way back to you. On a daily basis, in fact. If I were you, I might keep looking while considering getting another cat. You're right that another cat won't replace the one you're looking for, but another cat would be a comfort in its own right.

I have two cats, and because I know just how hurt I'd be if anything happened to them, I keep them strictly indoors. I like the idea of them being outside, but from what I've read, outdoor cats have too short a life span compared to indoor ones.

I encourage you to keep looking as long as you feel comfortable doing so. Good luck finding your baby, and I wish you the best.
tell your neighbors, call a local radio station, see if they offer a free be on alert for pets..
You may also want to call a few of the local vets in your area.
Was you cat micro-chipped..
Keep checking back with the local shelters, and rescue groups. Not everyone remembers, or bothers to look in the 'LOST!' book..

I had lost my beloved grey.. he was an outdoors cat, and was playing with the wild turkeys, heading into the woods when an ice storm hit. Everyone told me to give up.. MONTHS later I found him! he made it safely through the woods, and landed up at a neighbors home miles away.
I had another darling, who loved playing with the wild critters, such as the deer. he'd actually go up and hug them around their faces. He never returned, sadly. I fear the cougar enjoyed him as a light snack.
What I guess I'm trying to say here.. keep your pets indoors, especially when you have coyote nearby.. please.

Again, best of luck to you!
dont listen to some people, there mean, I'm sure your cat is fine. Put out flyers and check your local shelters.

No comments:

Post a Comment