Friday, May 8, 2009

What is your favorite horse movie?

I have SOOO many. One of my favorites is the Man from Snowy River. I also have Black Beauty (don't like that one too much),
Sylvester (w/ Melissa Gilbert) about a plug that goes on to do 3 day eventing.
Seabiscuit (very well done)
Hidalgo
Phar Lap (makes me cry every time I watch it)
and of course, The Black Stallion!
Answers:
Hidalgo, The Black Stallion, The young black stallion, the colt(made me cry),The man from snowy river, the man from snowy river returns, seabuscit, black beauty, national velvet, The horse Whisper, Horse Crazy, Horse Sense, Flash, My friend Flika, Wild hearts can't be broken, touching wild horses, ready to run, and Spirt stallion of the cimmorn.
I liked The Horse Whisperer
Sea Biscuit
All of those are great including the horse wisperer. one of my personal favorites is not necessarily as horse focused as those but is Wild hearts cant be broken. old but a very good movie!
OMG, I didn't know there was a movie about Phar Lap! That is one of my horse heroes!! Details, please?

Sorry. Got excited there.

I love Seabiscuit %26 Hidalgo, but one of my favorite characters of equine nature was in the old movie Cat Ballou with Lee Marvin %26 Jane Fonda, 1965. The horse stole every scene he was in. lol

There are many others but those are my top favs.
Seabiscuit is among the best.

Although I too am very partial to the Black Stallion and My Friend Flicka.
Seabiscuit, The Horse Whisperer, My Friend Flicka, and Dreamer
Hidalgo rocks. So does The Black Stallion.
the godfather, it was a beautiful horse.
The Horse Whisperer is my number one favorite.The Black Stallion is my second.I think I watched that movie at least a hundred times as a kid.The Man from Snowy River is good too,haven't seen that in years.All these movies made me cry like a baby!Just can't help it!
an older movie from the 70s or 80s Wild Horse Hank starring Linda Blair.she rescues a bunch of wild horses.thats being sold to canner for dog food..and herds them to anew location on a mountain range..beautiful scenery and horses..just makes you cry at how the wild horses used to be treated. thank god..for the adopt a wild horse and mustang programs..another really old one is National Velvet.i think elizabeth taylor was in it..and i rember my mom talking about a tv show Mr Ed a talking horse.i still think she was teasing me about that one..
Champions. A foriegn film about a comeback jockey, it's excellent.
Wild Hearts Cant Be Broken was a great movie
electric horsemen is a good movie I love dreamer and black stallon and hidalgo ,spirit too
OMG I love them all espesically Seabiscuit, and Hidalgo. I like Black Beauty but its sad. I have never seen or heard of Phar Lap
Seabiscuit is one of my favorites too. I also really like "National Velvet" the version with Mickey Rooney and a very young Elizabeth Taylor. I cry when she wins the horse in the raffle and they bring him to her. My favorite line is when she walks into a bunch of flowers and takes a big breath and says "horses!" I wonder which version of Black Beauty you didn't like cause there were several. The newest one is one of my favorite horse movies and is very true to the book, unlike other versions. At the end when the old Black Beauty sees Joe at the horse market and swings his head, I just cry my eyes out cause that really was a very very old horse they used in that part. Another I like but is hard to find is the original Misty of Chincoteague that has the real Misty in it.
in Italy was FURIA CAVALLO DEL WEST
fury, west horse ^^
Probably Seabiscuit or The Horse Whisperer!
SEA BISQUIT
My fave is totally Seabiscuit - it rocks.
The horse whisper, my friend flicka, flash, seabiscuit, dreamer, national velviot.

No comments:

Post a Comment