Sunday, August 2, 2009

What product can I use to whiten my horses mane?

He has a white mane and it has gotten yellowed. Normal soaps are not working and I'm afraid to try something harsher without some kind of advice.
Answers:
Believe it or not, bleach is safe to use on a horse's mane and tail, just not all over their body. If you don't wish to use bleach, I would suggest using a shampoo called 'Quik Silver' - it helps brighten and whiten the entire horse, including mane and tail.

Hope this helps
I used to have a paint and I used this stuff called cowboy magic. If that doesn't work then you should try to find any shampoo that is blue, I've found that those ones work the best. If it's that bad you could always cut it, it is the off season?
Try greenhawk on line, I don't know the exact website. You will have to search it. There is something I have used before, it's blue and works well. I don't know the name of it sorry.
there's several shampoo's on the market. The best one is purple but if you leave it on the maine for a few minutes it will make it a sparkly white! I use it on my show horses - I believe it;s called Quick- silver - it's in a purple and white bottle - ask someone at the the feed stores! I'm sure they'll know what it is.
bleach
Peroxyde is less strong than bleach. Try not to test anything that could harm your horse though. Check with a proffesional Vet.
I had a white mare and used quicksilver. It's purple, so go easy when you apply or you will have a purple tinge to his mane. It was fab on stains. My mare had a tail that got stained at the tips, and I would usually be able to get it very close to or completly white. It's not a harsh product either. Good luck!
white out
Bleach. Just guessing, but it worked on my hair.
It's a purple shampoo called Quik- Silver. If your horse is white, you can use it on the body too.
Hose him down and give him a shampoo .
hydrogen peroxide
shapoo or be careful if you use bleach.
Quick-Silver it works GREAT! Well worth the money! Good luck鈞?
This is one is safe and not harmful to the horse.
The company is called Fiebing.
The product is Fiebing's "Blue Frost" whitening shampoo and conditioner.
I just have to ask, what the hell is wrong with some of you people? You should never use bleach on a horse, whether it's in direct contact with the skin or not. Yes, bleach will whiten the mane and tail, but bleach is also nearly impossible to completely rinse out, even when followed with shampoo. Plus, bleach strips every ounce of oil from the hair and skin. It also is PURE CHEMICAL, which means that it is extremely likely to cause skin irritation, which can lead to bronchial irritation when the horse reaches back to bite at the irritated patch of skin. Honestly, if you don't have a good solution, don't answer the question. And if you're actually using bleach on your horse, give me a call so I can trace your phone number and report you to animal welfare.
external horse (house) paint. LOL

they make some stuff that will whitten people's hair that have the some problem use it.
What happened to that mane%26tail shampoo and condtioner that got advertised good for the people to use too? Like its a tan bottle with blue writing on it.

I doubt bleach is good for a horse! Bleach is made for white articles of clothing. I read my bleach plastic bottle. It says to use on in house items only. Never on animals.

Such cruelty some people are suggesting to use the bleach on your horse! Peroxide sound worser! Ain't natural the best way to go?

Like just braid it up!
whitening lotion
We used to use "Sun-In" on our horses' manes. It's a sun-activated hair product which came in a bright orange pump spray bottle. It was designed to lighten a person's hair very gently.

I'd be very cautious about using chlorine bleach. It'll make the mane even coarser and dull looking.
try using some clarifying shampoo, or better yet some bleach (?). to be safer, go to a veterinarian. he knows best for sure on what to use for your horse's mane. dont take chances.
Hydrogen peroxide
White Bright! Cowboy Magic works, too. Both are safe for your horse. Email me. I've got contacts that could assist with any further questions that you may have.
Try grooming chalk. We used it on our dogs and horses when prepping for shows. You can buy it at some grooming parlours or order it online from grooming and kennel supplies.
My parents used to own a border collie breeding kennel and we showed the dogs. We were envied for the beautiful white collars and feet of our dogs. Back then you could buy blue bag to put in the copper to keep the sheets white and bright. We used to put that in the rinse water when we bathed the dogs before a show.
All the dogs lived long happy lives and had no skin trouble. I don't know whether you can still get it, but it works beautifully.
use either Quick Silver or Absorbine Show Clean.
Quick Silver It really works goood!! It is shampoo and its really dark purple but dont leave it on to long or your house will turn purple too!! LOL
i have quicksilver it works good on my white cows
Quicksilver is used on a white horse's mane when they get yellowy.

No comments:

Post a Comment